Up: Parallel Hierarchical Architectures
Previous: Algorithm, Libraries and Applications
The following questions should be answered:
- Which computer projects are in progress?
- Are the proposed models and methodologies sufficient
to develop efficient algorithms?
- Is there a potential in developing completely new algorithms
or is it sufficient to provide methodologies to migrate standard
algorithms (bsp-algorithms) to clusters of multiprocessors?
- Is it necessary to design a new programming paradigm or are
the common paradigms sufficient (perhaps with certain optimizations)?
- Where are the problems of mixed-mode programming?
- Will there be enough algorithms and libraries to use the
clusters efficiently in the future? Which projects are in progress.
- Where are lacks of suitable solutions?