Personal Web Site
at Pisa University
This is my personal web site.
I was born in Bologna (Italy) in 1981.
This is my Google Scholar profile.
- Room 345 DN
- Dipartimento di
Largo B. Pontecorvo, 3 - 56127
- Tel: +39 050 2212715
- Fax: +39 050 2212726
- e-mail: email@example.com
Education and Professional Accreditation
- July 2000: Scientific High School Diploma at Liceo Scientifico Statale
Leonardo da Vinci, Casalecchio di Reno (Bologna), grade: 100/100
- July 2003: B.Eng. Computer Science Engineering at the University of Bologna, grade: 110/110 Cum Laude
- July 2005: M.Eng. Computer Science Engineering at the University of Bologna, grade: 110/110 Cum Laude
- November 2005: Engineering license as recognized by the Italian law
- April 2009: PhD in Control System Engineering and Operations Research, at Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Sistemistica (DEIS, now DEI), University of Bologna, thesis: Combinatorial and Robust Optimisation Models and Algorithms for Railway Applications, supervisors Proff. Alberto Caprara and Paolo Toth
- From May 2009 to September 2011: Post-Doc research fellow in Operations Research, at Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informatica e Sistemistica (DEIS, now DEI),
University of Bologna
- From October 2011 to August 2012: Post-Doc research fellow in Operations Research, at Centre for Discrete Mathematics and its Applications (DIMAP),
University of Warwick (UK)
- From September 2012 to present: Post-Doc research fellow in Operations Research, at Dipartimento di
Informatica (DI), University of Pisa
Research Grants and Fundings
- Scientific Coordinator winner of the FIRB-Futuro in Ricerca 2013 MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research) Grant programme with the project Mixed-Integer Non-Linear Programming: modeling and solving complex optimisation problems.
- Investigator for the PRIN 2009 project Integrated Approaches for Discrete and Non-Linear Optimization
- Investigator for the European Union 6th Framework project ARRIVAL
(Algorithms for Robust and online Railway optimization: Improving the Validity and reliAbility of Large scale systems)
- From 2006 to 2009: University OR-consultant on Train Routing and Platforming for RFI
(the main Italian Infrastructure Manager)
- From 2007 to 2008: University OR-consultant on Crew Planning for Trenitalia (the main Italian Railway Operator)
- Mixed-Integer Programming (MIP)
- Optimisation under Uncertainty
- Railway Optimisation
- Urban Public Transport Planning
- QoS in Telecommunication Networks
- Health Care Planning
- Teaching Assistant (2010/2011 and 2011/2012): Resources Optimisation (M.Eng. course at University of Bologna)
- Teaching Assistant (2006/2007 - 2010/2011): Combinatorial Optimisation Algorithms (M.Eng. course at University of Bologna)
- Teaching Assistant (2006/2007): Fundamentals of Control Systems Theory (B.Eng. course at University of Bologna)
- Teaching Assistant (2007/2008 and 2008/2009): Fundamentals of Operations Research (B.Eng. course at University of Bologna)
- Co-advisor of bachelor and master theses at University of Bologna.
Last update of this site: December 2013.