Dipartimento di Informatica
Università di Pisa
Coordinator of the Research Group on Concurrent Models of Computation
- Semantics of Concurrency
- Process Description Languages
- Constraint Programming
- Graph Rewriting Systems
- Algebraic and Categorical Models of Concurrency
- Models and Languages for Open Distributed Systems
- ASCENS - Autonomic Service-Component Ensambles. It is an Information Society Technologies (IST) project funded by the EU as Integrated Project (IP) in the 7th Framework Programme (FP7) as part of the Future Emerging Technologies Proactive Initiative (FET Proactive).
- IPODS - Interacting Processes in Open-ended Distributed Systems. PRIN MIUR project, coordinated by Roberto Bruni.
- CINA: Compositionality, Interaction, Negotiation, Autonomicity for the future ICT society, PRIN MIUR project, coordinated by Rocco De Nicola.
Teaching and Professional Service
- February - May 2015: Semantica e Teoria dei Tipi (6 CFU).
- February - May 2013: Modelli di Calcolo (9 CFU)
- We present the principles of operational semantics, the principles of denotational semantics, and the techniques to relate one to the other for an imperative language and for a higher order functional language. We also present two process calcoli, CCS and pi-calculus. Finally we introduce probabilistic transition systems.
- Textbook: Glynn Winskel, The Formal Semantics of Programming Languages, MIT Press, 1993.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the following journals:
- Member of the Steering Committee (or equivalent) of the following periodic events:
Last modified: 24-Feb-15