Period of application for non E.U. citizens residing abroad
- from 10 December 2018 to 23 January 2019
- from 1 February to 22 April 2019 (12:00 am)
It is our outermost concern to bring your attention the following extremely relevant issues that you MUST consider before taking any action:
- The master's degree program requires a solid background, high motivation, and hard working attitude. Concept abstraction, problem solving, formal modeling, mathematical reasoning, and basic concepts on computer programming and databases are essential characteristics that you should possess. Students shall not underestimate this advice: statistics on students' careers show that 1/5 of students gives no exam during the first year, and 1/4 withdraw within the first year.
- Attendance at courses is not mandatory. Part-time students, however, experience lower success rates in exams and longer time to graduate. We greatly recommend students to regularly attend lectures and to successfully complete the courses each semester.
- Our graduates are highly sought after in the job market. This is the reward for their commitment and motivation.
- Most of the courses of the Master Programme are taught in English, namely those marked with '*' in the study plan rules. A few courses are taught in ITALIAN, namely those not marked with "*". For International students with a bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, the study plan will be entirely taught in English. For International students with other bachelor degrees, the study plan will include from 18 to 30 ECTS in Italian.
See the students section of the University of Pisa website for information on University fees, financial support, student facilities, Italian educational system and much more.
See the welcome and support section for information useful to incoming foreign students.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES:
- deadline for sending applications (non E.U. citizens residing abroad): 22nd April 2019 (12:00 am)
- deadline for pre-enrolment at the Embassy/Consulate: to be verified by the students
- deadline for enrollment: September 30th, 2019 (late enrollment by December 27th, 2019)
- beginning of semester: September 16th, 2019