Period of application for non E.U. citizens residing abroad
- from 10 December 2018 to 23 January 2019
- from 1 February to 22 April 2019 (12:00 am)
It is our concern to bring your attention the following extremely relevant issues that you must consider before taking any action.
- The master's degree program requires a solid background, high motivation, and hard working attitude. Applicants must possess a first-level Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 ECTS in computer science courses and 12 ECTS in mathematics or physics courses – or an equivalent non-EU Bachelor’s degree. In addition to the academic degree, applicants must have a good knowledge of English. Concept abstraction, problem solving, formal modelling, mathematical reasoning and main concepts on computer programming are essential characteristics that you should possess. Students shall not underestimate this advice: statistics on students' careers show that 1/3 of students gives no exam during the first year, and 1/4 withdraw within the first year.
- Attendance at courses is not mandatory. Part-time students, however, experience lower success rates in exams and longer time to graduate. We greatly recommend students to regularly attend lectures and to successfully complete the courses each semester.
- Our graduates are highly sought after in the job market. This is the reward for their commitment and motivation.
- The annual fee for an international student depends on the nationality. Detailed information can be read here. Anyway, for most international students the amount is not very relevant with respect to the living costs.
- The university provides neither accommodation nor individual support for finding one. Sharing an apartment with other students generally costs from 250 to 500 euros per month (depending on the kind of apartment and room), while a meal at the university canteen is between 3 and 4 euros. Some of the best foreign applicants to our programme may receive a welcome package.
- DSU, the Tuscan regional board for the right to university education, provides scholarships including free accommodation and meals. Beware the scholarships are often assigned after the beginning of the first semester and sometimes towards its end. Detailed information can be found here. Please, notice that the board is independent from the university and our offices do not provide support to prepare the application.
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT DATES:
- deadline for sending applications (non E.U. citizens residing abroad): 22nd April 2019 (12:00 am)
- deadline for pre-enrollment at the Embassy/Consulate: to be verified by the students
- deadline for enrollment: September 30th, 2019 (late enrollment by December 27th, 2019)
- beginning of semester: September 16th, 2019