Study plan has to be presented by the students enrolled in AY 2017-2018 by June the 15th, 2018
The study plan has to be submitted via email to the president of the master degree and CC to teaching secretary office (addresses marco dot danelutto and rosaria dot mongini at unipi dot it) filling this Form.
The rules to complete the study plans may be summarized as follow.
Students must choose:
- exams for a total of 9 credits in the group A of "insegnamenti affini" (the list of activated exams in the group A is in the form, see form instructions)
- exams for a total of 12 credits in the group C of "insegnamenti caratterizzanti" (the list of activated exams in the group C is in the form, see form instructions)
- exams for a total of 9 credits as "free choice" (any exam given at the Univ. of Pisa, usually also taken from either group A or C)
We accept 6 credits in group A or 9 credits in group C provided that in the total of the credits in group A and C is 21 credits or the total in the three groups is 30 credits and the free choice exam(s) is (are) from either group A or C.
Students are free to present a study plan not obeying these rules, but the study plan has to be approved. The study plans respecting the rules above will be automatically approved, instead.
Students may consider including in the study plan the exams listed in the form in Bold in the tabs named GroupA and GroupC. This year we will not run the presentation of the non mandatory courses, that in the paste years was not ensuring the possibility to ask questions due to time contraints. Rather, we show below the material relative to the available course from the past year. Professors wishing to update the material should send updates (in PDF) that will be uploaded by the secretary office or by the president as soon as they will be available, before May 23 (hard deadline).
Course to consider for the study plan of students registered for A.Y. 2017-18 (codename, name, credits, teacher(s)):
- SPD Programming tools for parallel and distributed systems (6 credits, Coppola)
- TCO Optical Communication Theory and Techniques (9 credits, Forestieri, Secondini)
- MPB Business Project Modelling (6 credits, Bruni)
- LPA Lab of Routing Architectures and Protocols (Routing architectures and protocols lab) (6 credits, Adami)
- MFS Formal methods for security (Security methods and verification) (6 credits, Bodei, from other masters)
- ACS Networking architectures, components and services (9 credits, Pagano M.)
- PAD Distributed enabling platforms (6 credits, Tonellotto)
- RTT Networks and technologies for telecommunications (9 credits, Martini, Valcarenghi, Giorgetti)
- CSA High Performance Scientific Computing (6 credits, Parallel Scientific Computing) (Gemignani)
- MOR Network optimization (Scutellà, from other masters)
- LSF Lab of Photonic Systems(8 credits, Ciaramella, Presi)
- SR ICT Risk Assessment (Network Secutiry) (9 credits, Baiardi)
- P2P Peer to peer systems and blockchains (6 credits, Ricci)
- AED Packet switching and processing architectures (6 credits, Procissi)
- ARW Performance and design issues of wireless networks (6 credits, Garroppo)
- RWE Wireless networks of embedded systems (6 credits, Pagano P.)
- SRT Real-time systems (6 credits, Buttazzo)
- IR Information retrieval (6 credits Ferragina)
- CF Photonic switching (9 credits, Contestabile, Bogoni)
The courses of
- Web security
- Distributed parallel applications
- Virtual and augmented reality (Virtual network environments) (Carrozzino)
- Optical amplification and sensing (Di Pasquale, Oton)
- Embedded systems (Di Natale)
- Applied optics and propagation (Ciaramella)
- Parallel and distributed algorithms (Prencipe)
will not be activated in 2018-2019.