To improve modularity, a monitoring tool is packaged in a separate
RPM, which includes the appropriate GlueDomains wrap.
The prototype currently provides three monitoring tools:
- a basic ping facility, built using the perl library
is introduced for basic testing purposes, and
is used to check connectivity.
- Its operation does not depend on neighbor configuration.
- a more sophisticated delay measurement tool, which provides
one-way delay estimates using a convex hull algorithm.
- It provides useful information, especially for data
- Its operation depends on neighbor configuration.
- the well known iperf facility, that measures available
bandwidth by saturating the line.
- It provides low level information, at a high cost.
- Its operation depends on neighbor configuration, and a single
shot can be requested by authorized users only.
next: Prototype set up and deployment
previous: Theodolite management
up: Monitoring the Connectivity of a Grid