- provides educational, scientific, and general services of common
interest to the single Ph D programmes of the School.
- promotes the enrollment of students from other places in the
Ph D programmes.
- promotes and organizes common research and study projects in
collaboration with foreign graduate programmes, leading to a joint
- promotes and develops privileged relationships with other universities
and research centres, and with firms and companies, both in Italy
- supports the involvement of its students in international research
groups; its aim is to make the study and research periods that
students will be encouraged to spend abroad as a completion of
their training particularly fruitful.
- organizes schools and intensive periods of study on innovative
themes of special interest; these events will be managed in close
connection with other initiatives by Pisa's scientific community.
- organizes every year a "Galileo Galilei Colloquium"
consisting of lectures given by internationally renowned scholars.
- promotes the dissemination of the scientific culture by means
of wide-ranging activities addressed to a general public of non-specialists.
The School expects to be included as a Training Site in the national
and international circuits of post-doc positions. Post-doctoral
positions and research grants will therefore be promoted to help
its best students entering the national and international circuit
of post-docs and high-qualification job market.